Under provisions of Section 37.109 of the Texas Education Code, the School Safety and Security Committee is established to participate in the development and implementation of the school’s emergency operations plan. The Committee provides input into campus safety planning and audit process.
UTUCS School Safety and Security Committee, known as the Health and Safety Committee, is led by:
- Eboni Calbow, Ph.D. UT Charter School Board Representative
- Katie Tackett, Ph.D. UT Elementary Board Representative
- Autumn Leal-Shopp, Ed.D., LSSP, NCSP; Associate Superintendent of Operations.
Public Notice: The Health and Safety Committee meetings will take place:
- Thursday, October 11, 2023
- 10:00 am to 11:30 am
- Individuals may attend in person or by zoom.
- To observe or make comments at the committee meeting, please notify Dr. Autumn Leal at 512-699-5142 at least one hour prior to scheduled meeting.
- In person: UT Elementary, Klein Classroom, 2200 East 6th Street, Austin TX 78702
- Zoom Link
- Agenda: Forthcoming
Previous Meeting Agendas:
- Health and Safety Committee Agenda 6-15-23
- Health and Safety Committee Agenda 2-9-22
- Health and Safety Committee Agenda 6-27-22
- Health and Safety Committee Agenda 2-15-22
- Health and Safety Committee Agenda 10-6-21
- Health and Safety Committee Agenda 6-24-21
- Health and Safety Committee Agenda-2-25-21
- Health and Safety Committee Agenda 9-24-20
- Health and Safety Committee Agenda 8-26-20
- Health and Safety Committee Agenda 2-6-20
- Health and Safety Committee Agenda 11-14-19
Multi-Hazard Emergency Operations Plan for the UT Charter School System
The UT Charter School System has a Multi-Hazard Emergency Operations Plan on file. For more information, please contact Assistant Superintendent – Operations, Dr. Autumn Leal at firstname.lastname@example.org or Office: 512-699-5142.
Title IX is a federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any federally funded education program or activity. Title IX protects all members of our campus community who experience sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual assault, interpersonal violence (including dating and domestic violence), stalking, or discrimination on the basis of pregnancy. These protections apply to students, faculty, staff, contractors, applicants and campus visitors. We are committed to creating and fostering a campus environment free from all forms of sex discrimination.
Any person may report an incident of sexual assault, interpersonal violence (including domestic and dating violence), stalking, sexual harassment, and sex discrimination to the Title IX Coordinator, via email at email@example.com, via mail at PO Box 8118, Austin, TX 78713-8118, or by calling 512-232-3992, regardless of whether the person reporting is the person alleged to be subject to the complained-of behavior. Also, any person may report incidents anonymously via an online reporting form.
University of Texas Charter School System – Title IX Coordinator:
Dr. Autumn Leal, firstname.lastname@example.org