The intent and purpose of the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act of 2021, Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Act (ESSER III) funding is to help safely reopen and sustain the safe operation of schools and address the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on students. UT Charter School applied for a grant under this fund, and the application and the Use of Funds Plan was made available to the public for comment on June 7, 2021 through the following week on our district website. No public comments were received. In accordance with local policy the district provided notice of federal grant applications through an information item at Board meetings on May 5, 2021 and by publishing information on the District’s website. All federal grants are administered in accordance with the federal grant regulations, also known as EDGAR (Education Department General Administrative Regulations) and the district’s State and Federal Grants Manual.
As required by ESSER III grant guidelines, UT Charter School is seeking stakeholder input to prepare to address the following needs of students and staff:
- The academic impact of lost instructional time.
- The district’s response to the academic, social, emotional, and mental health needs of all students.
- The district’s response to the academic, social, emotional, and mental health needs of students disproportionately impacted by the COVID–19 pandemic. This includes students from low-income families, students of color, English learners, children with disabilities, students experiencing homelessness, children in foster care and migratory students.
- Mitigating safety measures for safe operations of schools for in-person learning.
Community feedback in these four areas serves vital planning and preparation purposes as the district strives to meet the needs of its learning community. UT Charter School is providing several options for the community to provide the needed feedback.
- Complete the survey at the link below by August 10, 2022.
Community members may attend a public meeting to discuss the use of ESSER III funds in UT Charter School:
- ESSER III, Public Meeting April 6, 2022 at 2200 E. 6th Street, Austin, TX 78702
For additional information on ESSER III Funding, please visit the ESSER III page on the Texas Education Agency’s website: https://tea.texas.gov/finance-and-grants/grants/arp-esser-iii-grant-program
ESSER III – ARP Act – 2021-2024 Grant Entitlement for UT University Charter School $4,096,267