Dear Students and Families:
Our commitment at UT-UCS at Kozmetsky is to provide a safe, positive, intellectual learning environment that will empower students to become creative problem solvers, critical thinkers, and inspired learners prepared for life in the twenty-first century. Through character education, we hope to facilitate in each student a lifelong love of learning, strong self-esteem, ethical values, and a respect and appreciation for diversity.
We are dedicated to educating the whole child in a positive and safe learning environment. To make this mission a reality, our highly qualified staff instruct students with a rigorous curriculum and the belief that all students can learn.
We encourage all students to do the following so you can be successful in your time at Kozmetsky:
– Make a commitment to be an active participant in your learning and act responsibly as an individual within our learning community.
– Pose questions, examine possibilities, and challenge yourself to find solutions.
– Surround yourself with positive people.
– Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness.
– Contribute to our school community in a collaborative respectful manner.
– Connect with our school; stand up to mistreatment, vandalism, and to anything you know is not right.
– Remind yourself you do not have to follow the crowd. Be yourself and even when no one is watching, do the right thing.Parents, please make time to:
– Ask your student(s) specific questions about their time at school. For example, “What was the most interesting thing you did in math class today?” or “Tell me about your science experiment?”
– Communicate with your child’s teachers and staff members to establish a successful home/school connection.
– Educate yourself on the effects of trauma on children. The more you learn about how traumatic events affect children, the more you will understand the reasons for your kids’ behaviors, and emotions, and the better prepared you will be to help them cope. When you let your children know that you and other caring adults are working to keep them safe, that you are there to support them, and that there are people who can help them with what they are feeling.Parents, please help us by reinforcing school expectations at home. With your help, UT-UCS will be a school community in which every person feels safe, respected, valued, and is encouraged and challenged to achieve at the highest levels. Our partnership is essential for our continued success.
I am excited for the opportunity to work with you and your student to provide a productive and safe learning environment that supports student success. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open.
Once again, welcome to UT-UCS at Kozmetsky! I am honored to serve as your principal.