Safe Return to In-Person Instruction Plan
UT Charter School System (UTCSS) is committed to the safety and well-being of all staff and visitors as the district welcomes back all students and campus-based personnel back to our campuses for the 2021-2022 school year. UTCSS will not offer remote instruction for the 2021-2022 school year, so all students will be required to attend school on campus.
This plan is the district’s guidance on the safe return to in-person instruction. Guidance concerning COVID-19 will be updated every six months as mandated by the Texas Education Agency. The information in these guidelines outlines the current best practices provided by federal, state, and local health officials for mitigating COVID-19
infections in the learning/work environment.
On August 1, 2022, the Texas Education Agency issued the following Public Health Guidance in regards to pandemic response and the 2022-2023 school year.
Education Rights and Responsibilities during COVID
Derechos y responsabilidades educativas durante COVID
Public Health Resources
- Click on the image below for additional information from Texas.gov in English and Spanish
- Haga clic en la imagen a continuación para obtener información adicional de Texas.gov en inglés y español
Resources for Parents and Caregivers
- UT’s Coronavirus site for all official UT updates, information and resource
- Texas Education Agency COVID-19 Support and Guidance page
- Austin Public Health Coronavirus Information Page
Resources for Faculty and Staff
- UT’s Coronavirus site for all official UT updates, information and resources
- UT Charter School System IT Help Request
- Teleworking and working remotely
- Security guidance for working remotely
- Microsoft 365 Home (Outlook and other MS Office programs)
- ZOOM teleconference software (and LAITS’s ZOOM Wiki)
- Voicemail login (and UT Voicemail user guide)
- Voicemail User Guide (including sending voicemails to your inbox)
- To enable remote work during COVID-19 isolations, ITS is providing the Bria Enterprise softphone client enabling use of your UT phone number on compatible smartphones, desktop/laptop computers, and tablets.
- HR’s Coronavirus Resources for Employees